Pasta alla Norcina is Italian comfort food at its finest – a rich, sausage and cream-based sauce originating from Norcia, a town in Umbria. The area is world famous for its excellent cured pork and charcuterie, such as the incredible Prosciutto di Norcia, the king of Italian Prosciuttos. Pasta alla Norcina is one of Norcia’s gifts to the world, featured on all local restaurant menus. Here’s how you can make it yourself.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 500 g ( 2 packs) REGAL Fresh Egg Cappelletti with Prosciutto
- 300 g Sausage
- 1 L Whipping Cream
- 150 g Parmigiano or Pecorino Cheese
- 150 ml White Wine (2 cups)
- 150 ml Water (2 cups)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Note: This recipe was made with our homemade sausage, because it’s packed with extra flavour, authentic Italian style.
HOW TO COOK
- Crumble the sausage with your hands into tiny bits (
- In a large pan, add 1 cup of water, 1 cup of white wine and the sausage, stir and cook for a bit.
- Once the water evaporates, add the rest of the white wine. Sauté, lower heat and cover with lid. Leave to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the whipping cream, once it starts to bubble, add the pasta, stir to coat evenly and cover with the lid, allow to cook for 4/5 minutes.
- Add the Parmigiano/Pecorino and stir well.
- Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Plate the pasta and serve.
- You can top the plated pasta with a generous sprinkle of grated Parmigiano or pecorino before serving.