It’s the CLASSIC RAGÚ SAUCE!! This is definitely the sauce to keep you warm and it can be eaten with just about any pasta of your choice. Ain’t that amazing! See what you need and how to cook below⬇️
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 lb Beef (diced)
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 680 ml Bottle of Terre Scelte Tomato Passata
- 1/3 Cup of diced Onions
- 1/3 cup of diced Carrots
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1 cup of Beef Broth
- 6 leaves of fresh Basil
- 1/4 Tsp of ground Chili Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Pepper
- Regal Fresh Egg Pappardelle (choice of Pasta)
HOW TO COOK
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat, you can mash the meat to break up the beef into shreds AND brown in batches too. Once done , set aside in another dish.
- In the same pot, adding a bit more oil if necessary, add onion and carrots, stir until soft.
- Add tomato paste and stir in.
- Add the wine and stir. Cook until wine is half dried.
Add your Terre Scelte Tomato Passata, Beef Broth, spices, a bit of Salt and Pepper and the Bay Leaf.
Add your Meat, with any juice that came after browning.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 2 1/2 hours, stirring once or twice.
Tada!! It’s ready. You can serve with any long or short pasta of your choice. We recommend Regal Fresh Egg Pasta to add the right bite and texture to your homemade ragu!