Vegetable Broth with Tortellini. This is a veggie broth but the Tortellini (with prosciutto as a filling).
WHAT YOU NEED!
- Water (2 liters)
- Celery (4 sticks)
- Carrots (3 large)
- Onions ( 1 Large Onion)
- Tomatoes ( 150 g)
- Black Pepper
- 1 Regal Fresh Egg Tortellini Pasta ( 500 g – 4 servings)
HOW TO COOK!
1. Start by chopping your veggies. Dice the carrots. Slice the celery. Cut your tomatoes in half.
2. Peel the onions, cut them in half and lightly braise them in a pan. Flip the halves from time to time, so they won’t burn.
3. Put the vegetables as well as the onion in a large sauce pan. Add the black pepper seeds and pour 2 liters of cold water.
4. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for an hour.
5. Salt to taste, strain to remove the vegetables and your broth is ready!
6. If you prefer lighter flavors, this is your chance to add some water to it.
7. Pour as much as you need in a smaller sauce pan for your tortellini.
8. Cook the pasta in it for about 3 mins and serve warm.
You can keep your leftover broth (without vegetables) in your fridge for up to a week or you can freeze it. Use an ice cube tray for easy portioning.