Easy Pesto lasagna recipe, for everyone including vegetarians. This recipe is for 8 – 10 servings.
WHAT YOU NEED!
- 8 Regal lasagna noodles
- 1 jar of Pesto Sauce
- 3 cups fresh basil, 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil, ½ cup of parsley, ½ cup of pine nuts, 1 garlic clove (for your own homemade recipe)
- 1 ½ cups of ricotta cheese,
- 2 cups of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 ounces mozzarella chopped into smaller bits
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup of water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
HOW TO COOK!
- Preheat the oven to 425°. NO PRE-COOKING NEEDED! Regal Fresh Egg Lasagna sheets are fresh so you don’t need to worry about pre-cooking them (amazing right!)
- (Make your own pesto if you want to feel like a true chef) Using your blender, mix the basil, 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil, parsley, 1 cup of the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, pine nuts and garlic. Blend all until smooth, then add some sea salt to taste.
- In a medium bowl, pour the ricotta cheese, egg, sea salt, freshly ground pepper and 1/3 cup of water and whisk together.
- In 12 x 10 inch casserole pan, pour a little of the ricotta cheese mix at the bottom, then layer about two lasagna sheets, spread some pesto sauce over the sheets, then some of the ricotta again. Repeat this process till you have layered all your lasagna sheets and used up your sauce. Sprinkle Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and mozzarella on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake it in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Take the lasagna from the oven and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. Ready to serve!